Entrance exams to be a Fashion Designer
I want to be a Fashion Designer. Which exams should I appear for to become one?
Fashion Designing has become a very demanding career option. A number of students wish to take up Designing as their career. There are many institutes who have their own examinations and entrance tests. These exams are held every year for a number of courses. Some of these exams are:
- Common Entrance Examination for Design also known as CEED. CEED is conducted for post graduate studies in the field of technological design. The exam is hosted by Industrial Design centre, Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai and is conducted by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India. CEED qualified candidates can get into Master of Designing programs which run across various IITs, IISc and IIITDM.
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED), for undergraduate studies in various domain of Design, such as Jewellery Design, Textile Design, Fashion Design, Design Management, Accessory Design, Design Communication, etc.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Test (NIFT Entrance Test)
- National Institute of Design Entrance Test (NID Entrance Test)
- Institutes like Pearl Academy of Fashion conduct Pearl Academy of Fashion Entrance Test, also known as PAF.