Explain about 3-level Hierarchical JPEG Encoder. - Multimedia Compression.
Explain about 3-level Hierarchical JPEG Encoder.
- Down-sample the factors of resolution by 2 for each dimension. For example - ,Reduce the 640 x 480 resolution to 320 x 240 resolution.
- Code the smaller image with another JPEG mode.
- Decode the image and up the sample encoded image.
- Encode the difference between the decoded image and the original image.
- The above process can be repeated for multiple times.
- This process provides high quality images with low resolution display.