Explain about DEADLOCK. - IDMS
Explain about DEADLOCK.
- When two or more run units attempt a set of record locks in a sequence, deadlock occurs.
- Locks prevent the further operations of either of the run units.
- Both run units are locked in a deadlock condition, as none of the requests can be granted.
- Deadlocks can occur at area level, record level with the use of READY command.
- Automatic IDMS resolution can be an abortion of the run unit.
- The resolution can post an error status of nn29, without making the run unit ready and in IDMS communication block.