Explain about Image Scanner. - Graphics
Explain about Image Scanner.
- Image scanner is a device that scans images, printed text, handwritten documents etc optically.
- A document is placed on a glass window for scanning.
- Scanners use Contact Image Sensor as image / document sensor.
- High-speed scanning for documents is done with rotary scanner.
- Raster scanner uses Carge-Coupled-Device array instead of photomultiplier.
- Planetary scanners are used to scan books.
- 3D scanner is used to scan 3D objects.