Explain the internal working of CGI? - CGI Programming
Explain the internal working of CGI?
- CGI programs uses servers and their scripts that resides in a special directory named as cgi-bin.
- There are different configuration parameters that are associated with it that allows the configuration of the server to take place.
- The URL association is such that when the client sends the request the server search the file and respond to the request.
- If the server finds the request address using the CGI program then it doesn’t return the file contents but, executes the file on the server itself.
- The request of the client is shown as:
GET /cgi-bin/welcome.pl HTTP/1.0
The GET request is used to identify the file and retrieve the information from the server files that is configured to identify the files in inf format.