Explain the POST beep codes of the an IBM system. - Motherboard
Explain the POST beep codes of the an IBM system.
The IBM POST beep codes are as follows:
- 1 short beep: This indicates that the POST was normal without any exceptions.
- 2 short beeps: This indicates there was an error and the message is displayed on the screen.
- No beep: Indicates no power or disconnection.
- Continuous beep: This is indicative of a power supply, motherboard or a keyboard problem.
- One long one short beep: this is indicative of a problem with the mother / system board.
- One long two short beeps indicates that there is a problem with the display adapter.