Explain the processes used for operating business applicatio
The following processes are used for operating business application software :
• Presentation processes (for example, for displaying screens)
• Application processes (for example, for executing application programs)
• Database processes(for example, for managing and organizing database data)
When you are installing and configuring an SAP system, you need to decide how you are going to distribute the required processes among the available hardware. There are various ways of doing this :
1. Single-tier configurations, all processing tasks(database, application and presentation processes) are performed by one computer. This is classic mainframe processing.
2. Two –tier configurations are usually implemented using special presentation servers that are responsible solely for formatting the graphical interface.
3. Three –tier configuration, each layer runs on its own host. Many different application servers can simultaneously work with the data of a database server.