Explain the tests carried out during POST? - BIOS
Explain the tests carried out during POST?
The POST or also known as the power on self test is a self diagnostic test that is performed every time the system is powered on. Some of the tests that are performed during POST are as follows:
- Video adapter test : This test initializes the video adapter and checks if the card is working correctly. It also checks the memory of the card.
- RAM test : The read and write test of the memory is also performed in this test. It will also display the sum of all the memory installed.
- Keyboard : The post also check for if a keyboard is installed or not.
- Processor : The test also checks the processor for its speed and the cache memory is also checked.
- CMOS : A read and write operation is also performed on the CMOS.