Explain what do you understand by registers, briefly explain the various types of registers. - CPU
Explain what do you understand by registers, briefly explain the various types of registers.
- Registers can be considered to be special purpose memory which reside within the CPU.
- The registers are high speed temporary memory used to help the CPU get access to data and instructions quickly and effectively. There are various type of registers such as Instruction register, Status register and data register.
- The instructions register is responsible for the storage of the of the instructions that are being currently executed.
- The status register is used to keep a tab of the status operations of the arithmetic logical unit.
- The data register is used to store information or data that is to be processed, it is also used to store information or results that have been derived from a process.