Factories Act, 1948 - MCQs with answers - Part IChoose the correct option for the questions below.1. In which year did factories act come into force?
a. 23rd September, 1948
b. 1st April, 1949
c. 4th April, 1949
d. 12th September, 1948View Answer / Hide Answer
2. How many days in advance does the occupier of a factory premises gives notice of occupancy to the chief inspector?
ANSWER: b. 1st April, 1949
a. 15 days
b. 20 days
c. 10 days
d. 25 daysView Answer / Hide Answer3. What are the general duties of an Occupier?
A. Maintenance of a plant and system of work in factory are safe, without risks to health.
B. Ensure safety and absence of risks to health in, use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
C. Specifying the area
D. Defining the local mean time ordinarily deserved therein.
c. Only A & B
d. All of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer4. Which provisions regarding health are mentioned in the sections 11 to 20 in factories act?
B. Dust and fumes
C. Ventilation and temperature
D. Disposal of wastes
a. Only B & C
b. Only A & D
c. None of the above
d. All of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
5. As per the factories act, after how many years should the factory premises be painted and refurbished?
ANSWER: d. All of the above
a. 5 years
b. 2 years
c. 10 years
d. AnnuallyView Answer / Hide Answer6. As per section 2 in factories act, who will be called as an adult?
a. A person who has completed 21 years of age
b. A person who is less than 19 years of age
c. A person who has completed 24 years of age
d. A person who has completed 18 years of ageView Answer / Hide Answer
7. Section 2(g) under the act defines _______
ANSWER: d. A person who has completed 18 years of age
b. Manufacturing process
d. Occupants View Answer / Hide Answer
8. Match the following
ANSWER: b. Manufacturing process
1. Approval, licensing and registration of factories ----a.) Section 18
2. Arrangements for drinking water ------------ b.) Section 35
3. Maintenance of buildings ------------------- c.) Section 6
4. Protection of eyes ------------------------- d.) Section 40A
a.) 1 - c, 2 - a, 3 - d, 4 - b
b.) 1 - b, 2 - a, 3 - d, 4 - c
c.) 1 - c, 2 - d, 3 - a, 4 - b
d.) 1 - a, 2 - c, 3 - d, 4 - bView Answer / Hide Answer
9. If there are ____ numbers of employees, then the employer has to provide a canteen.
ANSWER: a.) 1 - c, 2 - a, 3 - d, 4 - b
d. 100View Answer / Hide Answer10. Which of the following diseases is not mentioned in the section 89 of factories act?
d. PneumoniaView Answer / Hide Answer