Give a few examples of media hardware. - Media
Give a few examples of media hardware.
Hard Disk Drives:
- Hard disk drives are most commonly used disk media for storing large amount of data including Operating Systems.
- They are available with terabyte capacity now-a-days.
- It has one or more rigid and rapidly rotating disks.
- These disks are referred as platters.
- They are coated with magnetic material and with magnetic heads to read data.
Solid State Drives:
- A data storage device that uses solid state memory to store data.
- Solid State Drives are electronic disks.
RAID Array Controller:
- A device for managing several internal or external hard disks.
- RAID Array Controller is aimed at achieving performance / reliability improvement.
USB Flash Drive:
- A handy drive that does not require a separate drive.
- It can be inserted into a USB port.
- Capacity of a USB Flash Drive is up to 128 MB now-a-days.