How many processes exist in Java application server? Explain.
The following processes exist in Java AS :
• The dispatcher distributes incoming requests to the server processes.
• The server process executes the Java applications. Every server process is multi-threaded and can thus process a large number of requests in parallel.
• The Java message service manages a list of Java dispatchers and server processes. It is responsible for the communication within the Java runtime environment.
• The Java enqueue service manages logical locks that are set by the executed Java application program in a server process.
• The Software Deployment Manager(SDM) is the standard tool used to install Java software components on the SAP Web AS Java.