How to become a cabin crew at the top airlines
I am a student of 10+2 and I want to begin my career as an Air Cabin Crew. What are the courses I should do for this job and moreover, what are the skills that are required to become a cabin crew at the top airlines?
More than academics, appearance, good health and personal qualities are given priority for the job of an Air Cabin Crew. However, it is necessary that you possess a good standard of education, including GCSEs (grades A-C) in maths and English, or equivalent qualifications, and has previous experience in a customer service role.
You can apply for the job right after 12th but since you asked for special courses, these are some of the courses that can aid you:
- Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Aviation Industry
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction for Air Cabin Crew
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Air Cabin Crew (New Entrant).
Skills required for an Air Cabin Crew:
- Good appearance and excellent communication skills
- You must be over 18 to work as an air cabin crew member, although some airlines set the minimum entry age at 21
- Height and weight requirements also vary between airlines, but generally it is between 5ft2in (157cm) and 6ft2in (188cm).
- Strictly no visible tattoos or body piercings.
- Confidence and friendliness
- Safety consciousness and flexibility to adapt new changes
- Confidence and ability to handle passengers and provide only the best customer service.
- Positive personality with flawless complexion and good body language.