HSBC Placement Paper - Selection Process and Test Pattern
About HSBCHSBC Holdings PLC is a British multinational banking and financial services holding company. It was established in its present form in London in 1991 by The HongKong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited to act as a new group holding company.
In this section, I will be discussing the selection and interview process conducted in campus placement at HSBC.
Selection Process at HSBCThe selection process at HSBC consists of three rounds:
1. Aptitude Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR Interview
The aptitude test covers four sections. They are Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, English and Technical. Candidates should have the accuracy and good time management to qualify the test. Some of the sample questions are:
1. A train takes 10 sec to pass a signal post and covers a distance of 10 km in 15 min. Find the length of train?
2. In a code language MOBILE is written as ASDFGH, STORK is written as PLSQW. How is MOTORBIKE written in that code?
3. Choose the correct sentence from the pair of sentences given below:
(a) The cow crossed over the obstacles effortlessly within a short time.
(b) The cow crossed above the obstacles effortlessly within a short time.
4. The use of _______ works on the principle of locality.
Technical Interview at HSBCThe next round is Technical Interview. Questions will be asked on projects, internship and technical details like, C, C++, Java and other technologies. Candidates must prepare well for the interview.
You can expect questions like:
1. How many child processes are created if a process executes the code
2. What is the effect of using a larger block size in a fixed block size file system?
HR Interview at HSBCThe last round is HR Interview. HR person will be carrying the further process. Candidates should not just rely on the technical interview. As the selection process is for bank so, candidates can expect questions related to banks. Besides these, technical questions are also asked in this round. Some sample questions that are asked:
1. When was Triton Insurance Company Ltd. established?
2. What is the full form of FSDC?
So, here you will get the information of campus placement at HSBC.