IAS Prelims GS Questions and Answers - Aug 07, 20151. Which of the following statements is/ are correct?
1. The Food and Drug Administration has approved the first prescription drug made through 3-D printing.
2. It will treat the seizures which are changes in the brain's electrical activity.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
d) None View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Which of the following statements are correct about Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Ordinance, 2014?
ANSWER: c) Both
Seizures are changes in the brain's electrical activity. This can cause dramatic, noticeable symptoms or even no symptoms at all. The symptoms of a severe seizure are often widely recognized, including violent shaking and loss of control.Seizures are caused by Epilepsy or from too much alcohol, heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, antidepressants and many others.
1. The bill prohibits certain offenses against SC and ST and establishes special courts for the trial of such offences and rehabilitation of victims.
2. Compelling to dispose or carry human or animal carcasses, or do manual scavenging is an offense under this bill.
3. Dedicating an SC or ST women as a devadasi to a temple, or any similar practice will also be considered an offense.
d) All View Answer / Hide Answer3. Who founded the Bharatha Matha Association?
a) V.D. Savarkar
b) Nilkant Bramhachari
d) Bipin Bihari GangulyView Answer / Hide Answer
4. Which of the following statements are correct?
ANSWER: b) Nilkant Bramhachari
Nilkant Bramhachari along with Vanchi Iyer founded Bharatha Matha Association.
1. Jalyukta Shivar Yojana is launched by Karnataka government.
2. It has allocated budget of Rs 5,000 crore.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
d) NoneView Answer / Hide Answer
5.Which of th e following are Bretton Woods institutions?
ANSWER: b) Only 2
Jalyukta Shivar Yojana is launched by Maharashtra government.
a) 2 and 3
b) only 2
c) only 3
d) AllView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d) All
GATT was signed by 23 nations in Geneva on October 30, 1947 and took effect on January 1, 1948. It lasted until the signature by 123 nations in Marrakesh on April 14, 1994 of the Uruguay Round Agreements, which established the World Trade Organization (WTO) on January 1, 1995.