IAS Prelims GS Questions and Answers - Aug 26, 20151. Donoughmore Constitution was the only constitution in the British Empire outside the "white" dominions of Australia, South Africa and Canada enabling general elections with adult universal suffrage. Donoughmore Constitution served which of the following country?
c) Sri Lanka
d) ZanzibarView Answer / Hide Answer
2. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
ANSWER: c) Sri Lanka
The Donoughmore Constitution, created by the Donoughmore Commission, served Sri Lanka from 1931 to 1947 when it was replaced by the Soulbury Constitution.
1. Increased inflow of foreign investment is advantage of capital account convertibility.
2. Destabilization of an economy is disadvantage of apital account convertibility.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
d) NoneView Answer / Hide Answer3. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. Terrestrial biodiversity tends to be highest near the equator
2. Marine biodiversity tends to be highest along coasts in the eastern Pacific.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
d) NoneView Answer / Hide Answer
4. Which of the following are part of world network of biosphere reserve in India ?
ANSWER: a) Only 1
Marine biodiversity tends to be highest along coasts in the Western Pacific. Marine biodiversity tends to be highest along coasts in the Western Pacific, where sea surface temperature is highest and in the mid-latitudinal band in all oceans.
1. Andaman island
2. Gulf of Mannar
5. Nanda Devi
d) AllView Answer / Hide Answer
5. Charon is a moon of
ANSWER: b) 2,3,5
Following are the part of world network of biosphere reserve in India
Nilgiri ,Gulf of Mannar , Sunderban , Nanda Devi ,Nokrek ,Pachmarhi, Similipal ,Achanakmar-Amarkantak Biosphere Reserve, Nicobar Islands
d) Pluto View Answer / Hide Answer
6. Cotopaxi volcano is in
ANSWER: d) Pluto
Charon is the largest of the five known moons of the dwarf planet Pluto.
d) EcuadorView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d) Ecuador
Cotopaxi is one of South America's most famous volcanoes and one of its most active ones. It is in in the Andes Mountains Ecuador, South America. It is also second highest summit in the country.