ICICI Bank Entrance Exam FAQs
ICICI Bank Entrance Exam FAQs
1. I want to know about the bank?
ICICI Bank is India's largest private sector bank. ICICI Bank was originally promoted in 1994 by ICICI Limited, an Indian financial institution, and was its wholly-owned subsidiary. ICICI Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its group companies.
2. What kind of career path can I expect?
ICICI Bank offers a range of opportunities across Retail, Wholesale & International Banking. Cross-functional movements are strongly encouraged to build capability in each employee to become a knowledgeable service provider.
3. What type of work culture is at ICICI Bank?
It is a tech-savvy, non-hierarchical, work environment where early responsibility and independent decision-making enable each employee to reach his/her potential. We are a meritocratic organization where high performing employees are duly recognized and rewarded.
4. How to apply for bank PO exam in ICICI bank?
Log on to www.icicicareers.com and fill up the application form online. Test Dates & Locations will be announced at a later date for which you will get an e-mail/SMS.
5. What are the career opportunities in this bank?
It follows a meritocracy based performance oriented culture where deserving employees are given responsibilities ahead of time.
Probationary Officers who successfully complete the Probationary Officer Training Programme will join at the grade of Assistant Manager (Band l). They will be placed in any one of the following areas:
Rural Inclusive Banking,
Any other Profile as decided by ICICI Bank.
On absorption in ICICI Bank, the Probationary Officers will be on probation for a period of one year.
6. What is the selection process in ICICI Bank?
Depending on the level of recruitment, the selection process consists of following combinations:
Group Discussion (This method is primarily used for campus selection process)
Designed for entry level jobs in the Bank, the aptitude test aims to assess basic aptitude of applicants including Numerical, Verbal comprehension, logical reasoning and basic checking abilities.
Based on case studies, the group discussions are mainly conducted to judge applicants on their analytical thinking, approach to hypothetical building around business situations and the ability to break down complex problems to arrive at simple solutions.
A questionnaire - based psychometric tool that assesses the typical or preferred behaviour of individuals in work settings. Applicants are required to complete the questionnaire before they appear for the interview. This tool gives us a better understanding of the applicant and is not used for elimination of applicants.
All applicants are expected to go through the interview round, which is the final step in the selection process.
7. How to do well in the aptitude tests?
There is a tip you can follow:
Since the tests are based on numeric and verbal ability, it is advisable that applicants practice basic mathematics and verbal comprehension skills.
Before the actual test, you will be given practice examples to try - make sure you ask questions if anything is unclear at this stage.
8. What is sales academy in ICICI Bank?
ICICI Bank hires young graduates to join its dynamic front line Sales Force. The selected applicants are trained at ICICI Bank Sales Academy. This training ensures that the applicants are well equipped in Selling Skills, Product Knowledge and Rules and Regulations pertaining to the job responsibility.
9. What are the features of this academy?
This Certificate course is a four-week residential program. The salient features of the program are as mentioned below:
1. This is a skills based course designed to bridge the skill & supply gap by identifying and training applicants to join the sales force. The broad areas of course coverage are:
Overview of working and culture at ICICI Bank
To develop selling and presentation skills
Building customer service orientation
Training on product and process knowledge
Training on internal guidelines, rules and regulations
To build confidence to communicate effectively in a business environment
To groom on business etiquette
2. The trainer-led classroom course will be for duration of four weeks
3. The course will have a blended curriculum with instructor led classroom training (with role play activities, videos and drill sessions for practice) as well as e-learning and simulators.
4. The Training faculty comprises experienced professionals in the field of finance and sales. There is an emphasis on overall grooming of the individual which is facilitated through a learning environment that is created through sessions delivered by experts from ICICI Bank and the banking industry.
5. Post the completion of 4 weeks of classroom training at the Sales Academy; the candidates undergo a 2 month on-the-job-training at the branch location as mentioned in their offer letter.
10. What is the age limit and education qualification required for sales officer recruitment?
Age: 20 to 26 years
Education: Class XII pass with 2 years of experience or graduates in any stream
11. What is the selection process of sales officer academy?
The selection process of the Sales Officer Academy will consist of the following steps:
Sales Profiler: All the applicants will also undergo Sales Profiler exercise. This helps in identifying the sales orientation of the applicant.
Personal Interview: All the eligible applicants post the aptitude test will undergo the personal Interview process.
Invitation letter: All the successful applicants after the selection process will receive an invitation letter with the month of joining the academy, the location of training premises, the state of final posting and the terms and conditions applicable on acceptance of the invitation letter.
Applicants are requested to carry original documents at the time of test and interview.