ICICI Bank Placement- Aptitude Paper
ICICI Bank Placement– Aptitude Paper
• If the cost of an item is Rs. 12.60 and the profit is 10% over selling price, so what should be the selling price?
a. 13 Rs
b. 12.86 Rs
c. 13.8 Rs
• Calculate: 9x-3y=12 and 3x-5y=7 then 6x-2y=?
• Consider ABCDE as a parallelogram, what shall be the ratio between triangle ABD and the parallelogram ABCDE.
• When you draw one shoe randomly what should be the probability of getting a blue shoe when there are 5 blue shoes and 4 yellow shoes?
• The price of a product is reduced by 30%. How much percentage will you increase to make it 100%?
• What will be the ratio of the area of circle to square when the side of the square is 6cm and a circle is inside the square?
• When a worker works for 1, 1/3, 2/3, 1/8, 3/4days in a week, wherein he is paid 20rupees for a full day work. What is the total amount of money the worker gets paid in all?
a. 57 rupees
b. 47.50 rupees
c. 56.50 rupees
• If there is 20% alcohol in 15 litres water, if you add another 5 litres of pure water, what is the final percentage of alcohol?
• What shall be the selling price of a toy car, when you have bought the car for 60 rupees and you earn 10% profit over the selling price?
a. 66 rupees
b. 65 rupees
c. 60 rupees
• When x2y3 equals to 6, what shall be the least value of 3x+4y?
• On which day did 12th January 1979 fall on?
• What will be the value of (1/10)18 – (1/10)20 =?
d.None of the above
• Find the smallest number in GP whose sum is 38 and product 1728.
d.None of the above
• Complete the following series: 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
• How soon will you be able to fill a tank completely when there are three pipes A, B and C attached to a tank? Pipes A & B can fill it in 20 & 30 minutes respectively when C can empty it in 15 minutes. If you keep A, B and C is kept open successively for 1 minute each.
a. 160 minutes
b. 165 minutes
c. 150 minutes
• How much should be the age of the young member which was recently added when the average age of 10 members of a committee is the same as it was 4 years ago, but an old member has been replaced by a young member?
a. 30 years
b. 39 years
c. 41 years
• What is the total amount of money when a sum of money becomes 13,380 after 3 years and rupees 20,070 after 6 years on compound interest?
• The average age of A and B three years age was 18 years, when C joined them the average age became 22 years. How old is C now?
a. 28 years
b. 24 years
c. 30 years
• If the temperature on Thursday was 4/5th that of Monday when the average temperature between Monday and Wednesday ranged 370C and the range between Tuesday and Thursday was 340C, then what will be the temperature on Thursday?
• What will be the square root of 3+”5?
a. “5/2 – 1/”2
b. “(5/2) + “(1/2)
c. “3/2 + 1”2
d.“3/2 – 1/”2
• What will be the length of a rectangular carpet in diagonal whose area is 120sq meters and a perimeter of 46 meters?
a. 15 meters
b. 11 meters
c. 17 meters
• A man’s basic pay is rupees 200 for 40 hours a week and the rate of overtime is paid at 25% in addition to the basic pay. How many hours did he work in a particular week wherein his total pay including overtime was of 300 rupees?
a. 58 hours
b. 62 hours
c. 52 hours
• What is the value of x when 2^(2*-1) = 8^(3-x)?
• What shall be the rate of a man rowing in still water, wherein the river is running at 2 Kmph and the man takes twice as long as to row up as to row down the river?
• What shall be the height of a well which is 14m in diameter and is dug 10m deep, if you take out the earth has been evenly spread all around to form a width of 21m in embankment?
• If 1.5x = 0.04y, then what shall be the value of (y-x) (y+x)?
• How many games did a baseball team win who had played 60 games and won 30% of the games that they played, and after some time they raised their average to 50%?
• If a person walks 5/6 of his usual rate is 40 minutes late, what shall be his usual time?
a. 3 hours 20 minutes
b. 4 hours 15 minutes
c. 2 hours 10 minutes
d.3 hours 15 minutes
• Find the area in which the goat can graze when the goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long?
a. 155 sq. meter
b. 38.5 sq. meter
c. 19.25 sq. meter
d.144 sq. meter
• On a payment of 10,000 rupees the person has a choice of 3 successive discounts of 10, 10 and 30% respectively and another one with 40, 5 and 5% discounts. How much money did he save by choosing the correct discount?
a. 400 rupees
b. 433 rupees
c. 200 rupees