ICICI model reasoning placement test paper
1. Complete the given series:
Typist: Typewriter:: writer:?
2. How long will Viral and Raja together take to finish the work when individually viral can complete the work in 10 days and Raja can complete it in 15 days?
a. 7 days
b. 6 days
c. 8 days
d. 5 days
3. What will education be related to when medicine is related to patient?
4. How many girls are after Ramya in the rank, when in a class of 60 where boys are twice that of girls, Ramya ranked 17th from the top, and if there are 9 boys ahead of Ramya?
5. How many total boys are there in a row in which Mohan is 18th from either end of the row of boys?
6. If you code COUNTRY as EMWLVPA then what code will you select for ELECTORATE?
7. Choose the odd man out; three of the following options are linked.
8. There are series of symbols below that represent a certain action. Each question consists of two or more figures in a column. Work down the column, starting with the top figure and applying the action as represented by the symbol against it. You must then choose from the 5 possible answers the column that result from carrying out the actions as required on the figures.
9. Choose the odd man out:
10. Which letter is the 8th letter to the right of the letter which is 10th to the left of the last but one letter from the right?
11. Complete the following number series:
3, 8, 6, 14, ?, 20
12. In which direction will Sheila face if one morning after sunrise Vikrant and Sheila were standing in lawn with their back towards each other and Vikrant’s shadow fell exactly towards left hand side?
13. Who will be taller in between Neena, Piyu, Manisha, Ritu and Namrata, wherein Neena is taller than Piyu but not as tall as Manisha and Ritu is taller that Namrata but not as tall as Piyu?
14. Based on the below given information, answer the following question:
Santosh is heavier than Anuj but not as heavy as Rajiv and Anuj is heavier than Jay and Krishna is heavier than Santosh but lighter than Rajiv.
1. Who amongst all of the above mentioned names is the heaviest?
2. And who amongst all of the above mentioned names is the lightest?
(a) Choose from the below given 5 diagrams marked as a, b, c, d, and e and tell the one that best illustrates the relationship among 3 given classes in each of the questions. Each class is depicted as a circle in the figures below:
1. Lotus, Flowers, Orange
2. Dentists, Doctors, Veterinarians
3. Vanilla, Chocolate, Ice cream
4. Doctors, Teachers, Painters
15. Based on the data given below in the table, answer the following questions appropriately:
1. What is the ratio of male to female based on the data given in the above table?
2. Amongst the average students which group male or females, is the number of good students exactly one third of the average students?
3. What is the proportion of good students of male members?
16. If the current time is 10.45 a.m. and a flight to Mumbai leaves every 5 hours and you came to know that the flight took off 25 minutes before, what time will you be able to catch the next flight?
a. 3.55 p.m.
b. 2.20 a.m.
c. 3.20 p.m.
d. 3.30 a.m.
17. What will be the relationship between Amita and Brijesh if Amita’s father is Brijesh’s father only son and Brijesh have neither a brother nor daughter?
a. Grandfather - Grandson
b. Father - Daughter
c. Son - Father
d. Uncle – Nephew
18. How many 5’s are in the following sequence of numbers which are immediately preceded by 7?
8 9 5 3 2 5 3 8 5 5 6 8 7 3 3 5 7 7 5 3 6 5 3 3 5 7 3 8
19. A submission was acknowledged by inward clerk in the afternoon of a weekday. Next day he accelerated it to the table of the senior clerk, who was on the leave that day. The senior clerk next day evening put up the request to the desk officer. Desk officer studied the request and predisposed off the matter on the same day, i.e. Friday. Which day the application was received by the inward clerk?
d. Earlier week’s Saturday