Indian Energy Security Scenarios 2047: Tapping India’s Energy Potential
Indian Energy Security Scenarios 2047: Tapping India’s Energy PotentialQuestion: NITI Aayog has recently launched the latest version of the India Energy Security Scenarios 2047 calculator. Discuss the importance of this open source web based tool for examining potential energy scenarios for India.
NITI Aayog has recently launched the advanced version of the India Energy Security Scenarios 2047 calculator
- This is an open source web based tool
- Tool aims to explore entire gamut of potential future energy scenarios for India
- The tool is oriented towards tapping diverse energy demand and supply sectors leading up 2047
It also examines energy scenario across the following sectors:
- Demand sectors such as transport, industry, cooking and lighting appliances as well as agriculture are also a focus of this energy calculator
- This calculator’s model allows interactive energy choices to be made by users and study many outcomes from country for CO2 and import dependence to land use
- Tool will also help policy makers and parliamentary leaders to make the right choices for a sustainable energy future by examining current policy interventions
Facts and Stats
- The tool was launched by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya
- Tool will help in achieving power for all and 175 GW of renewables by 2022, rural electrification and reducing import dependency.
- Tool has been developed by multiple stakeholders including think tanks, research organisations and industry bodies
- UK Department of Energy and Climate Change is collaborating with NITI Aayog for developing this tool
- Close to 20 nations have developed own energy/climate calculators such as S. Africa, Bangladesh and China