Indian Physiography - MCQs with answers - Part I1. Which point of India is called Pygmalion Point?
d) Southern View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Which part of India-China boundary is called the Mc Mahon Line?
ANSWER: d) Southern
Indira Point was formerly known as Pygmalion Point and for a brief period of time as India Point. It is situated on the island of Great Nicobar in the Nicobar Islands.
d) SouthernView Answer / Hide Answer
3. When was the boundary with Pakistan and Bangladesh finalized?
ANSWER: b) Eastern
The India-China boundary runs along the Himalayan ranges. The line is named after Sir Henry McMahon. He was foreign secretary of the British-run Government of India and the chief negotiator of the convention at Simla.
d) 1937View Answer / Hide Answer
4. Which is the country that has given its name to an ocean?
ANSWER: a) 1947
On 17 August 1947, the Radcliffe Line was published as a boundary line between India and Pakistan upon the Partition of India.
d) IrelandView Answer / Hide Answer
5. Which countries have a common border with India to the north-west?
ANSWER: b) India
Indian Ocean is bounded by Asia on the north, on the west by Africa, on the east by Australia, and on the south by the Southern Ocean.
a) Afghanistan and Pakistan
b) China and Nepal
d) BangladeshView Answer / Hide Answer
6. Which is the nearest Indian neighbour across the seas?
ANSWER: a) Afghanistan and Pakistan
China and Nepal have a common border with India to the north, Burma (Myanmar) to the east and Bangladesh to the east of West Bengal.
d) Sri LankaView Answer / Hide Answer
7. Which is the land of the sacred Kailas?
ANSWER: d) Sri Lanka
The Palk Strait is a strait between the Tamil Nadu state of India and the Mannar district of the Northern Province of the island nation of Sri Lanka.
b) Arunachal Pradesh
d) MeghalayaView Answer / Hide Answer
8. Which is the only large level strip of land in the Himalayas?
ANSWER: c) Tibet
The crest of the high Himalayas acts as the dividing line between India and China. Across this boundary line lies Tibet.
a) Kashmir Valley
b) Suru Valley
c) Sind Valley
d) Betaab ValleyView Answer / Hide Answer
9. Which range forms the southern part of the sub-Himalayan Zone?
ANSWER: a) Kashmir Valley
Kashmir Valley borders Jammu region to the south, Ladakh region to the east, and the Line of Control in the north and the west.
a) Karakoram Range
b) Zanskar Range
c) Mahabharat Range
d) Siwalik RangeView Answer / Hide Answer
10. Towards where does the westward slope of the Punjab-Haryana Plains go?
ANSWER: d) Siwalik Range
It is the Sub-Himalayan Range between the Teesta and Raidak rivers in Assam. The youngest mountain range is extended till Arunachal Pradesh.
d) JhelumView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c) Indus
This plain merges in the Ganga Plain.