Institutes offering courses in Fashion Merchandizing
From where can I undergo a course in Fashion Merchandizing?
A fashion merchandiser needs to excel in both fashion and business. You will be taught accounting, business principles, colour theory, concepts of design, business communication, etc. A number of institutes run courses in this discipline.
- Pearl Academy; has its branches in multiple cities including Jaipur, Delhi NCR, and Chennai; runs post graduate diploma in Fashion Merchandizing.
- WLSI College in Delhi offers professional diploma in Fashion Marketing and Merchandizing.
- School of Vocational Education and Training, IGNOU offers Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Merchandizing and Production.
- School of Art and Fashion Technology, offers a 9 months diploma course in Apparel Merchandizing.
- Indian Institute of Fashion Technology (IIFT), Bangalore offers B.Des (Bachelor of Design) in Fashion Marketing and Management.
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) also offers 1 year certificate course in Garment Export Merchandizing Management (GEMM). The total fee of the course is 60,000 – 100000 INR.
- NIFT also runs a six month course in Marketing and Merchandizing for Fashion Industry. The fee is 30,000 to 50,000 INR.
- In addition to the above mentioned courses, NIFT also has 3 months course in Fashion Merchandizing Marketing. The fees is 15,000 INR.