List of institutes to study agricultural economics & earning potential in this field
Can you list top colleges in India and abroad that offer courses related to Agricultural Economics?
The top colleges to study agricultural economics in India and abroad are as follows:
- Visva - Santiniketan, West Bengal
- Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Sam Higginbotom Institute of Agriculture, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nasik, Maharashtra.
- College of Agriculture, Hissar, Haryana.
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru College Of Research, Karaikal, Pondicherry.
- Shri Shivaji College of Agriculture Biotechnology, Amravati, Maharashtra.
- Trihut College of Agriculture, Muzaffarpur, Bihar
- Rama Krishna Bajaj college of Agriculture, Wardha, Maharashtra.
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar , Punjab
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, Kerela
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Washington, District of California, USA.
- Department of Economics, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA.
- Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California- Berkeley, Berkeley, California, USA.
- Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, USA.
- Charles H. Dyson School Of Applied Economics and Management, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
- Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
How much salary should I expect as a fresher in this field?
Salary in this field depends on your experience, knowledge, skills, area of employment and the size of company. As a fresher you can expect anywhere between Rs.10,000-15,000 per month in government sector as a junior research fellow. However as you grow in this industry you may get about Rs.35,000 to 55,000 per month as per the latest pay commission.
In private sector you can get around Rs.10,000-12,000 as a fresher in addition to this you can also get allowances and incentives that add up to around Rs. 15,000. As you grow in the industry the salary will also take a hike and you can earn really well.