Main functions of Geologists
What are the main functions carried out by a geologists?
• Assess the natural disasters and its effects on environment,
• To explore areas which are rich in under-water resources, oil, natural gas and minerals
• To assess whether the conditions in particular areas are suitable for laying railway lines, construction of roads, bridges, buildings etc.
• The geologists can also explore the natural resources deep in the sea.
• Their services are also important for oil explorations.
• They determine the quality of soil by conducting geo-chemical and geo-physical tests.
• Construction of reservoirs, roads, bridges, underground tunnels etc. is based on the report of the geologist about the density of the earth.
• Geologists work for private industries, the federal government, museums, colleges and universities.