Major branches of study in Horticulture
What are the major branches of study in Horticulture?
Horticulture involves five major branches of study:
• Floriculture is the learning of growing and marketing flowers and foliage plants, persons working in this field are called floriculturists.
• Landscaping includes the designing, construction and maintenance of landscapes.
• Olericulture is the study of the production and marketing of vegetables. Those who work in this field are called olericulturists.
• The study of the production and marketing of fruits is called pomology and those who work in this field are called pomologists.
• Postharvest physiology include areas of maintaining quality and preventing spoilage of horticultural crops.