Obtuse vs AbstruseObtuse:
Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand or an angle that is more than 90°and less than 180°
a. At the hospital while his consultation was going, he wondered if the doctor was being deliberately obtuse.
b. Some of the lyrics of the new song are a bit obtuse.Abstruse:
Hard or difficult to understand; obscure
a. An abstruse philosophical inquiry was made the by the researcher.
b. The new magazine is often stimulating, but too abstruse for the average reader.Read the following sentences and fill in the blanks with the right word.
1. The prisoners in the jail often seemed strident, ideological and morally __________ (obtuse / abstruse).View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Though __________ (obtuse / abstruse), the new definitions could shape the long-term future of genetic testing.View Answer / Hide Answer
3. Some university-based researchers sound ridiculously ______________ (obtuse / abstruse).View Answer / Hide Answer
4. His behavior at the party was very __________ (obtuse / abstruse).View Answer / Hide Answer
5. The geometry teacher asked the students to make an _____________ (obtuse / abstruse) angle.View Answer / Hide Answer