One word substitutes - MCQs with answers - Part IChoose the correct one word to replace the given sentence1. Allowance due to a wife by her divorced husband:
a. Pocket money
d. SustenanceView Answer / Hide Answer
2. Other side of the globe:
ANSWER: b. Alimony
Example: They cannot reach any agreement about the amount of the alimony.
d. ReverseView Answer / Hide Answer
3. The acts of disrespect toward sacred things:
ANSWER: a. Antipodes
Example: Spain and New Zealand are antipodes.
d. ProfanityView Answer / Hide Answer
4. Fear of being in closed, isolated places:
ANSWER: b. Blasphemy
Example: Differing from any popular belief was considered blasphemous during the ancient Classical civilizations.
d. Neurosis View Answer / Hide Answer
5. An assembly of listeners:
ANSWER: a. Claustrophobia
Example: You can experience claustrophobia in a room with no ventilation.
d. AudienceView Answer / Hide Answer
6. A steep fall from the lofty to the commonplace:
ANSWER: d. Audience
Example: The audience gave a loud applaud to her singing.
d. AnticlimaxView Answer / Hide Answer
7. One who invests a lot of money in the private sector:
ANSWER: b. Bathos
Example: There is nothing in the drama but excess, self-indulgence and bathos.
d. BankerView Answer / Hide Answer
8. A roundabout way of expression:
ANSWER: c. Capitalist
Example: A capitalist market economy is not an equal society.
d. EuphemismView Answer / Hide Answer
9. A man of free and easy habits, socially unconventional:
ANSWER: b. Circumlocution
Example: It was a circumlocution to make the sentence modest and avoid the use of "I" which might have seemed arrogant.
d. RebelView Answer / Hide Answer
10. A man with a narrow, prejudiced views especially about politics and religion:
ANSWER: b. Bohemian
Example: Their bohemian life-style would challenge the dull conformity of everyday life under capitalism.
d. FiendView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: a. Bigot
Example: Her mother often accused her of sounding like a racist bigot.