One word substitutes - MCQs with answers - Part VIIIChoose the correct one word to replace the given description1. A speech made without preparation:
d. ExtemporeView Answer / Hide Answer
2. Something resulting in death:
ANSWER: d. Extempore
Example: He gave an extempore but brilliant speech.
d. Catastrophic View Answer / Hide Answer
3. A person or thing who exists at the same time as another:
ANSWER: a. Fatal
Example: The patients have been provided with some fatal medicines.
d. ContemporaryView Answer / Hide Answer
4. A person sent on an official mission:
ANSWER: d. Contemporary
Example: Buddha and Mahaveer were contemporaries.
d. EmissaryView Answer / Hide Answer
5. Compulsory enlistment for the military and other services:
ANSWER: d. Emissary
Example: A French emissary later announced he would undertake a new tour of the UK.
e. AdmissionView Answer / Hide Answer
6. One who is always trying to escape situations:
ANSWER: b. Conscription
Example: All across the country military conscription of the youth is on.
d. EscapistView Answer / Hide Answer
7. Existing for ever, without any beginning or end:
ANSWER: d. Escapist
Example: He has led his life as an escapist, never confronting any situation.
d. Never-endingView Answer / Hide Answer
8. A strong believer of fate:M
ANSWER: c. Eternal
Example: The sunshine is eternal.
d. DeterministView Answer / Hide Answer
9. A person who collects fairs on a public vehicle:
ANSWER: c. Fatalist
Example: He cultivated a certain fatalism, a little superstition.
d. Wayfarer View Answer / Hide Answer
10. An assembly of worshipers:
ANSWER: b. Conductor
Example: The bus conductor let us in without tickets.
d. CongregationView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: d. Congregation
Example: He was to remain as pastor of the congregation until his death.