Online Application Management System for Nai Roshni (OAMS) : Technology in Governance
Online Application Management System for Nai Roshni (OAMS) : Technology in GovernanceQuestion: Governance is being shaped by technology. Discuss how the OAMS for the Nai Roshni scheme has revolutionised this policy initiative.
The Online Application Management System for Nai Roshni will bring the scheme to public domain and facilitate rapid delivery and transparency
Benefits of this system
- Submission of online application and generation of a dated application ID.
- Online applications screening.
- Online receipt of documents.
- No document loss on account of postal or human negligence
- Procedural delays being curtailed
- Minimisation of paper work
- Savings in time and money
- Applicants can also check their ID application status
- Online approval of project and sanctions as well as release of funds
- Online project monitoring
- Reports in the public domain on trained women, location of projects etc
Facts and Stats
- Ministry of Minority Affairs has implemented Nai Roshni since 2012-2013
- This is a scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Scheme is being implemented through NGOs, civil societies, trusts etc
- Scheme provides training for one week followed by guidance
Leadership training through the following programmes:
- Educational programmes for women
- Health and hygiene
- Legal rights of women
- Financial and Digital literacy
- Swachh Bharat
- Life Skills
- Advocacy for Social and Behavioural change
- More than 1.67 lakh women have been trained in over 24 states with amount of INR 36 crore in the past 3 years
- RE: Online Application Management System for Nai Roshni (OAMS) : Technology in Governance -georgeking (01/06/16)
- onlinle application procedure details
- RE: Online Application Management System for Nai Roshni (OAMS) : Technology in Governance -n.bimoti devi (10/17/15)
- how to apply on line application for oams
- RE: Online Application Management System for Nai Roshni (OAMS) : Technology in Governance -my si (08/26/15)
- ministry's web site still not updated. no ref. of online applications. details of the project and guidelines not exists. help line and email dont work. who has to be blamed?