Overdo vs OverdueOverdo:
do, use or carry to excess; exaggerate.
a. Ram is advised by his doctor not to overdo bicep exercises because of his fractured arm.
b. He is in habit of overdoing drugs that is a very dangerous habit.Overdue:
not having arrived happened, or been done by the expected time.
a. Teacher penalized Ram, as his assignments were overdue.
b. Financial experts believe another recession is inevitable, perhaps even overdue.Read the following sentences and fill in the blanks with the right word.
1. The color balance, tone and brightness seemed fine although the technique of lighting up one side of the cover page was probably ________________ (overdue/
overdone).View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Dean returned back to his quarters for handling some ___________ (overdue/ overdo) paper work and so spent the remainder of the morning.View Answer / Hide Answer
3. The rent was nearly three months ____________ (overdue / overdone).View Answer / Hide Answer
4. She has continuously been working without taking off for some time. She is definitely _____________ (overdue/ overdo) for some leave.View Answer / Hide Answer
5. Audience do not like when actors _____________ (overdue/ overdo) one kind of role in every movie.View Answer / Hide Answer