Paean vs PeonPaean:
A song or praise of triumph
a. Paean of praise on the stone remarked the bravery of Athenian Soldiers.
b. Spartans were welcomed with children singing paeans to celebrate their victory.Peon:
Someone of low rank, labor etc.
a. Raman was embarrassed as his friends found out that his father worked as a peon in same school.
b. Mr. Bhattacharya decides to give bonus to all the peons in Diwali.Read the following sentences and fill in the blanks with the right word.
1. His testimonial contained one good point about every ______________ (peon/ paean) in the premises.View Answer / Hide Answer
2. The ___________ (paean/ peon) sung by little children in his admiration touched him.View Answer / Hide Answer
3. Racing drivers aren't exactly normal nine-to-five ______________ (peons / paean).View Answer / Hide Answer
4. He is _______________ (peon/ paean) in Select City Walk Shopping Mall earning meager 2500 per month.View Answer / Hide Answer
5. Sachin saw the ___________(paean/ peon) praising his career written all over the boards in Marine Drive.View Answer / Hide Answer