Passed vs Past
Passed vs PastPassed:
move or cause to move in a specified direction; go past or across; Be successful (For a candidate appearing in examination; pronounce (Judgment)
a. He passed his CFA level 1 exam in one attempt.
b. Many analysts across the world believe that post-recession period is over now and tough time for investment banks has passed.Past:
gone by in time and no longer existing.
a. President chose to bury all the hatchets with the Opposition leader by leaving behind everything that happened in the past
b. Everyone who lives in past tends to ruin his future as well.Read the following sentences and fill in the blanks with the right word.
1. According to Ram’s astrologers, his bad time has ______________ (passed/ past)View Answer / Hide Answer
2. His bad academic record in ____________ (passed/ past) is minimizing his chances of selections in top colleges.View Answer / Hide Answer
3. It was 15 minutes _____________ (passed / past) 8 when the driver arrived.View Answer / Hide Answer
4. We drove ___________ (past/ passed) London 3 hours back. View Answer / Hide Answer
5. He ____________ (passed/ past) in all the subjects of his Term 1.View Answer / Hide Answer