Pier vs PeerPier:
A platform extending from shore over water and supported by piles or pillars.
a. Tsunami destroyed almost all the ships and piers on the Colaba Beach
b. Candle light dinner on the piers on Malaysian beach is an expensive luxury that only few people can buy. Peer:
A person of same age, status or ability; look keenly or with difficulty at someone
a. It was because of the pressure of peers performing nicely, Anupam joined a coaching center to increase his grades and outperform them.
b. American army General Johnny peered around the corner, making sure the way to barrack was clear.Read the following sentences and fill in the blanks with the right word.
1. Anjana jumped up and ran around the wooden platform to __________ (peer/ pier) over Rakesh's shoulder.View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Boats are parked at the 3 ____________ (pier/ peer) to the right from Grifith beach restaurant at Colaba.View Answer / Hide Answer
3. MBA is all about ___________________ (pier / peer) groups and learning.View Answer / Hide Answer
4. The main reason for him giving that interdepartmental promotion exam was immense ________________ (pier/ peer) pressure.View Answer / Hide Answer
5. Tsunami destroyed almost all the ___________ (piers/ peer) on Andaman Beach.View Answer / Hide Answer