Polaris aptitude placement paper
I am happy to tell you that I have been selected by Polaris to work as Jr. Software Engg with them. I appeared for a placement test and cleared it. In quantitative aptitude test they asked questions from Numbers, HCF, LCM, Volume, Area, Cube roots, Problems on Age, Problem on trains, Time and Distance etc. Some of the questions I remember from the paper are:
(2/3) of a number is 4 more than the (1/6) of the same number?
a) 6 b)8 c)36 d)24
There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in an hour, B can fill 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80, 160. If B filled in 1/16 of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill the tank completely?
a) 9 B) 8 c) 7 d) 6
A man travels from A to B at 4 mph over a certain journey and returns over the same route to A, at 5 mph. What is his average speed for the journey?
a) 4.44 mph b) 4.8 mph c) 4.887 mph d)5 mph
5, 9, 12, 18, 26, 36, 47, 72, _?
a) 75 b) 135 c) 100 d) 55
A person run from A to B.He took ¼ of the time less to reach B when compare to run at normal Speed. By what percentage he has increased his speed?
a) 40 b) 44.4 c) 33.3 d) 22.2
10 liter are drawn from a cask full of wine and is then filled with water. This operation is performed three more times. The ratio of the quantity of wine now left in cask to that of the water is 16 : 65. How much wine did the cask hold originally?
a) 25 liter b) 30 liter c) 35 liter d) 40 liter
At what rate percent per annum will a sum of money double in 10 years?
a) 10% b) 11% c) 12% d) 13%
- RE: Polaris aptitude placement paper -jaydeep (08/30/16)
- RE: Polaris aptitude placement paper -Ramya (02/22/16)
- How come u got 30 as and for 6 th ques.... Only if u have the resultant ratio as 16:81 and 30 is possible. If am wrong pls explain.
- RE: Polaris aptitude placement paper -khaim (10/30/15)
- correct answer of question number 6 is 30 Liter.
- RE: Polaris aptitude placement paper -farhanaz (10/02/15)
- ANSWERS FOR ABOVE QUESTIONS:
6ans:i got 16.66.if it is wrong please post correct ans if u get.
- RE: Polaris aptitude placement paper -JAMPALA SOWMYA (09/09/15)
- we need ans for that ques u posted