Principles of crisis communication and factors that make crisis seem critical
Question - What are the principles of crisis communication? What factors make a crisis situation seem critical?
- Relationship principle– An organization can sustain a crisis if it has a good relationship with the stakeholders.
- Responsibility principle– An organization should accept its accountability even if it is not the organization's fault.
- Disclosure principle– During a crisis, an organization must disclose all the information related to the problem. If it does not have complete information, it must disclose the message after getting them.
- Symmetrical communication principle– When the interest of an organization is considered, the interest of the public plays an important role.
The factors that make the crisis situation seem critical are -
- Loss of human life
- Media coverage
- Conceptualization of the crisis
- Victims that get noticed