Procedure to display an editable drop-down list
Explain the procedure to display an editable drop-down list?
To display an editable drop-down list it requires:
- Template column that is present in the Grid and an object of ItemTemplate that consist of controls like data-bound.
- Use of Label controls that produces the current value of the field present in the record.
- Adding of the drop down list takes place by using the object EditItemTemplate. This object adds a column in the template and the property can be customized according to the requirement.
- DropDownList control can be taken from the EditItemTemplate property editor and changes being made into it to represent it on the web front.
- The template column of the drop down list can be added to HTML view.