Pros and cons of emulation - Computer Architecture and Design
Mention the pros and cons of emulation.
- Emulation is the process in which a target CPU and its corresponding hardware would be emulated exactly the same way.
- Emulation is a relatively old concept and is not widely used to emulate full scale OS usage.
- It is considered to be the best platform for embedded/os development.
- Emulation is possible for any hardware and it does not affect the underlying OS ( host ).
- Although there are many positives of emulation there are few downside of it as well, Emulation can be extremely slow.
- Complete thorough hardware support cannot be possible in emulation.
- Emulation is also very resource hungry and requires a lot of ram to function smoothly.