Roles and fields for specialization in Beauty Care
Which are the work roles available for Beauty sector?
Beauty industry is a vast sector to work in. there are various positions available for the aspirants to work on. Some of the working roles that an aspirant can choose in this industry are:
- Beauty Therapist or sometimes called as Beautician. They provide beauty services such as facials and body treatments, to improve skin care and conditions.
- Make-up artist. Quite an in-demand career as they are the backbone for the artists of theatrical, television, film, photography and modeling world.
- Image consultants, who combines fashion, beauty and hair care in a single profession and thus advice and manages the public image of their clients.
Which are the other specialized fields in Beauty care?
Beauty care or cosmetology includes everything from beauty therapy to health care. Some of the specialized areas in beauty care are:
- Hairdressing. Apart from the general haircutting and related works, the aspirant can again specialize in styling or coloring. Work can be done either by working in saloons or after gaining experience, aspirant can open his own saloon.
- Skin care and Cosmetics. Beauty shops and saloons appoint specialists who can not only provide consultancy and advice regarding the use of skin care products and cosmetics, but the professionals having knowledge in this field can open their own shops.
- Manicure / Pedicure treatment.
- Electrology. This treatment includes removing unwanted hairs permanently. Laser treatment is also an advanced form of hair removal.