Schemes Under PM’s New 15 Point Programme: Overview
Schemes Under PM’s New 15 Point Programme: OverviewQuestion: The PM’s 15 point programme is an instance of policies which embody the core principles of good governance. Elaborate.
List of schemes/initiatives covered under the 15 point programme include the following:
- Integrated Child Development Services Scheme which is providing services via Anganwadi centres implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child
- Sarva Shiskha Abhiyan has been implemented by MHRD
- Swaranjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (renamed as Aajeevika)renamed National Rural Livelihood Mission implemented by Ministry of Rural Development Mission
- Swaran Jayant Shahan Rojgar Yojana renamed National Urban Livelihood Scheme implemented by Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Upgradation of ITIs into Centre of Excellence implemented by Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Bank credit under Priority Sector Lending implemented by Department of Financial Services
- Indira Awaas Yojana which was implemented by Ministry of Rural Development
Various schemes for minorities included in the programme and implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs include the following :
- Merit cum Means Scholarship for technical and professional courses
- Pre-Matric Scholarship
- Post-Matric Scholarship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students.
- Loan schemes of National Minority Development & Finance Corporation (NMDFC) for
- economic activities.
- Schemes of Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) for promotion of education.
- Free Coaching and Allied scheme.
- Schemes included in the programme for the flow of fund to minority concentration areas is monitored including the following:
- Integrated Housing and Slum Development Programme implemented by HUPA
- Basic Services for Urban Poor implemented by HUPA
- Urban Infrastructure and Governance implemented by Ministry of Urban Development
- National Rural Drinking Water Programme implemented by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation
- Special initiatives in the PM’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities:
- Scheme for Providing Quality Education in Madrassa/SPQEM implemented by Department of School Education and Literacy
- Scheme for Infrastructure Development of Minority Institutions implemented by Department of School Education & Literacy
- Greater Resources for Teaching Urdu- Scheme for Appointing Language teachers implemented by Department of School Education and Literacy
- Recruitment of minorities in Government departments/organisations implemented by DoPT
Facts and Stats
- PM’s New 15 Point Programme for the welfare of minorities is an overarching programme which covers numerous schemes and initiatives of different ministries and departments
- Currently, 24 schemes of 11 different ministries/departments are part of the programme and implemented by Ministry of Minority Affairs and related Ministries/Departments
- 7 schemes are meant for the welfare of minority communities
- It provides a target of 15% of outlays and for 7 schemes for the Minority community which include:
- Scheme for Providing Quality Education in Madrases
- Infrastructure Development for Minority Institutions