Science & Technology Questions for IAS Prelims - Set 6
Science & Technology Questions for IAS Prelims - Set 61. When the bark of a tree is removed in a circular fashion all around near its base it gradually dries up and dies because
a. Water from soil cannot rise to aerial parts.
b. Roots are starved of energy.
c. Tree is infected by soil microbes.
d. Root do not receive oxygen for respiration.View Answer / Hide Answer
2. Spice saffron is obtained from which part of the plant
ANSWER: b. Roots are starved of energy.
d. SepalView Answer / Hide Answer3. The disease "Athlete's Foot" is caused by
d. NematodeView Answer / Hide Answer 4. Strawberry is an example of
a. Simple fruit
b. Aggregate fruit
c. Composite fruit
d. None of the aboveView Answer / Hide Answer
5. A flower bud which is used as a spice is obtained from?
ANSWER: b. Aggregate fruit
d. CorianderView Answer / Hide Answer6. The marine animal called dugong which is venerable to extinction is a\an?
b. Bony Fish
d. MammalView Answer / Hide Answer7. Cellulose is an example of ____________ Carbohydrate
d. PolysaccharidesView Answer / Hide Answer
8. Which of the following is not a function of Protein?
ANSWER: d. Polysaccharides
a. It helps in formation of cells and tissues.
b. It remains under the skin and prevents loss of heat from the body
c. They control the development of genetic characters.
d. They can provide energy to the body if required.View Answer / Hide Answer
9. Which of the following Vitamin is not soluble in water?
ANSWER: b. It remains under the skin and prevents loss of heat from the body
a. Vitamin A
b. Vitamin B
c. Vitamin D
d. Vitamin KView Answer / Hide Answer10. Which of the following statement(s) is\are true?
i. Quantity of blood in human body is about 7-8% of the total weight.
ii. pH value of human blood is approximately 7.4
c. Both i & ii
d. NoneView Answer / Hide Answer
- RE: Science & Technology Questions for IAS Prelims - Set 6 -Girish Chandra (04/29/18)
- Vitamin B is a water soluble vitamin,
B12 itself is found in rain water
- RE: Science & Technology Questions for IAS Prelims - Set 6 -Aarushi Kumar (04/10/18)
- question no. 9 answer is wrong.
Vitamin B is water soluble