Speech Therapy - Course, Eligibility and Entrance exams
I am a student of 10+2 and I want to become a Speech Therapist. What courses are available in India to become a speech therapist and what entrances I can appear to get into the best institutes offering these courses?
The main course you must go for to become a speech therapist is the Bachelor's degree in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP) of duration of 3 years followed by a 1 year internship. Alternatively, you can also go for diploma course, bachelor degree and eventually a Masters or a research based degree. These are some of the other courses you can opt for:
• Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech (DHLS)
• Post graduate Certificate Course in Auditory verbal therapy
• M.Sc in Audiology
• M.Sc in Language Pathology
• Diploma in Hearing Aid Repair and Ear Mould Technology
For admission into BASLP these are entrances you can prepare for after 10+2:
• Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped Entrance Exam
• National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH), Audiology and Speech Therapy Entrance Exam
• All India Institute of Speech & Hearing BASLP Entrance Exam
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
• All India Institute of Speech and Hearing Audiology Entrance Exam
• Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)
• Sathyabama University BASLP Entrance Exam
Other colleges and institutes might have their own entrance exams or might take admissions on the basis of merit. Good luck!
- RE: Speech Therapy - Course, Eligibility and Entrance exams -Kripa Mary Joseph (06/02/18)
- If the candidate opted for biolanguage in +2 . That is the candidate have not studied+2 maths .So is there any strategy on this basis .If candidate is not well versed in+2 maths whether it will affect the selection , other than on the basis ofentrance test.
- RE: Speech Therapy - Course, Eligibility and Entrance exams -Drishti Bharat Shah (09/10/17)
- Can We do Speech therapy course after TY Bcom