State the differences between uniprogramming and multi programming - Motherboard
State the differences between uniprogramming and multi programming.
The characteristics of uniprogramming are as follows:
- Uni programming allows only one program to be present in memory at a time.
- The resources are provided to the single program that is present in the memory at that time.
- Since only one program is loaded the size is small as well.
Characteristics of multiprogramming:
- Multiple programs can be present in the memory at a given time.
- The resources are dynamically allocated.
- The size of the memory is larger comparatively.