Teaching Aptitutde - MCQs with answers - Part 71. The major disadvantage of punishment in education is that ___________
a) It causes embarrassment in children
b) It generates unpleasant feelings
c) It does not solve the problem permanently
d) It prevents team workView Answer / Hide Answer
2. What would you do if you notice that students tend to doze off in your class?
ANSWER: b) It generates unpleasant feelings
Punishment does not develop positive behaviours.
a) Give a command seeking attention
b) Provide them a chance to be physically active
c) Reprimand them
d) Stop teaching for a whileView Answer / Hide Answer
3. 'National Policy on Education' 1986 was reviewed by ________?
ANSWER: a) Give a command seeking attention
a) Adielsehiah Committee
b) Iswar Bhai Patel Committee
c) Ramamurti Committee
d) Sampurnanand CommitteeView Answer / Hide Answer
4. Suppose you get a Hindi Medium student who has learnt English. He is given five sentences to be translated from Hindi to English. As an evaluator, which aspect would you to try to evaluate in him?
ANSWER: c) Ramamurti Committee
The 'National Policy on Education' is a policy formulated by the Government of India to promote education amongst India's people.
d) Understanding View Answer / Hide Answer
5. The issue of 'academic burden on students' was examined by _______ .
ANSWER: d) Understanding
Understanding is a psychological process related to a situation whereby one is able to think about it and use concepts to deal adequately with the same.
a) Adielshiah Committee
b) Iswar Bhai Patel Committee
c) Mathur Committee
d) Yashpal CommitteeView Answer / Hide Answer
6. _____ is the apex institution in the area of training educational planners and administrators?
ANSWER: d) Yashpal Committee
Yashpal Committee suggested the scrapping of all higher education regulatory bodies and creation of a super regulator which is a seven-member Commission for Higher Education and Research (CHER).
d) SIEView Answer / Hide Answer
7. _______ is the major cause of difference in the classroom behaviour of boys and girls.
ANSWER: c) NIEPA
The National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA) was set up by the Government of India in May, 1979.
a) Developmental differences
b) Educational levels
c) Job aspirations
d) Societal expectationsView Answer / Hide Answer
8. Which of the following pairs is incorrectly matched?
ANSWER: d) Societal expectations
Society expects different attitudes and behaviors from boys and girls. Gender socialization is the tendency for boys and girls to be socialized differently.
a) Piaget - Moral Development
b) Maslow - Hierarchy of Needs
c) Thorndike - Theory X and Y
d) Skinner - Programmed LearningView Answer / Hide Answer
9. What is the biggest advantage of interaction between the teacher and the students?
ANSWER: c) Thorndike - Theory X and Y
Thorndike was one of the first pioneers of active learning, a theory that proposes letting children learn themselves, rather than receiving instruction from teachers.
a) It encourages the students to ask questions
b) It facilitates effective learning
c) It results in better group relations
d) It satisfies the teacherView Answer / Hide Answer
10. _______ cannot be adopted for effective classroom teaching.
ANSWER: b) Facilitates effective learning
Learning takes place best when students have opportunities to express ideas and get feedback from teachers.
a) Improving classroom climate
b) Manipulating teaching methods
c) Teaching latest trends and advances
d) Use of technological aidsView Answer / Hide Answer
ANSWER: c) Teaching latest trends and advances