Tech Mahindra Placement Experience and Process for Freshers - 2016
Tech Mahindra organized a campus interview in our college in Chennai. Around 700 students participated in the campus. Out of which company selected 80 best freshers.
They allowed the B.Tech students with no backlogs
from CSE, IT, ECE
to take the test.
Candidate with less than 60%
marks through out academics were not allowed to be a part of the placement test. Selection ProcessSelection process of Tech Mahindra consisted of:
1. Written Test
2. Picture Writing
3. Technical Interview
4. GD & HR Interview1. Written TestWritten test included questions from:
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
There were 35
questions on LR, 20
questions on verbal and non-verbal reasoning, 15
questions on QA
questions on English Language. Time alloted
for completing the test was 1 hour and 40 minutes
. In that, 40 minutes
were given for English Language
and rest 1 hour
to attempt other three sections
.Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
questions included series, mirror image, paper cutting, classification etc.Logical reasoning
included questions from sitting arrangement, distance and direction and numeric/alphabetical series.Quantitave aptitude
questions included number series, profit and loss, ratio and proportion and percentage.English
includes questions on reading comprehension, verbal analogies and sentence rearrangement.
If you appear for a test at Tech mahindra, you will experience that while other sections are quite easy, QA is comparatively difficult.
So, if you are going for a test at TechM you must prepare aptitude section
well and work on your time management
If you have command on these two, you will surely get TechM.2. Picture Writing
In our college, TechM gave an extra round which was picture writing. In this, a picture was given and we needed to write about it in approximately 250 words in 20 minutes.
Pictures could be those of “a person attending a meeting”, “five people talking in a group” etc.
You have to think on given topic and write valid things. Do not forget to conclude. 3. Technical Interview
In technical round, panel asked questions related to one's specialization. Generally, questions were asked on the fundamental concepts of programming languages - C, C++, Java, Data Structures, Database
etc. Some important questions that you must prepare for this round are:
4. GD & HR Interview
- Difference between C and Data Structure.
- OOP principal.
- Key words used in inheritance and interface.
- What is overloading and overriding?
- Basic questions of C++.
- Few questions based on project of MS Office.
After completing third round, qualified students got selected for Group Discussion. GD
was conducted on the topics provided to the group of students. The students who cleared
the GD round
qualified for the final
.The topics for GD were:
1. Privatization in India.
2. Impact of movies on teenagers.
3. The social network - good or bad?
4. Smart work or hard work?
5. IT - A boon or bane.
Final round was HR interview
in which the HR of the company measured the leadership, decision-making, interpersonal
and communication skills
of a student and ability to work
and difficult situations.
They asked general questions in HR or PI round. Some of the questions they asked me and my other friends were:
- Tell us something about yourself.
- Tell us something that you have not written in your resume.
- Questions on project or internship you have worked on.
- Would you be open to sign a bond?
- What is your favourite sports and why?
- Tell about some good places in Chennai.
- Can you relocate?
- Are you comfortable with shifts?
- What do you know about team work and time management?
The company had put up the list of selected candidates, right after the process got over.
So, if you are someone aspiring to join Tech Mahindra, here are some tips for you to succeed at the test:
- Prepare well for the QA section.
- Prepare paragraph writing
- Prepare interview questions related to leadership, decision-making, interpersonal skills, communication skills, ability to work under stress and difficult situations.
- Be thorough with the content of your resume and have an answer for everything you have written in it.
- For technical interview prepare well from C++ and Java.
- Prepare well for GD round. Read newspapers and current affairs to be updated.
- Discuss with your family in advance, if you are open to sign a bond.