Various management entrance exams
If I have to apply in any college for further studies in managment after my graduation, what all exams do I have to take?
Earlier there used to be different entrance exams conducted by every other university and institute but AICTE ( All-India Council for Technical Education) has decided to conduct a common admission test from 2012-2013. This test will cover admissions to both MBA and postgraduate diploma in management. The entrance exam is known as Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) which is on a pan-India level. In more than 4,000 colleges approved by AICTE, students will be admitted on the basis of their scores in CMAT.
Whereas Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) and autonomous B-schools will continue to conduct the CAT (common admission test). Deemed universities, like, Symbiosis (SSBF), Pune, Manipal University (MU) will also hold their individual entrance tests. The management aptitude test is taken by more than 3.5 lakh students every year and is currently the largest B-school entrance test.
Which are the various exams in management arena?
In today’s time there are many B-schools in India that offer specialisation in different disciplines of business management. These top B-schools are either affiliated to a common national level entrance test or take their own aptitude test to select candidates. There are various common national level tests to get into the finest of B-schools in India, they are:
1. CAT: All IIMs' and 100+ more institutes.
2. XAT: XLRI Jamshedpur, XIM Bhubaneshwar, S. P. Jain, GIM etc.
3. SNAP: Institutes affiliated with Symbiosis University
4. MH-CET: Colleges in Maharashtra
5. CMAT: All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
There are various individual tests conducted by some other top notch B-schools of India such as:
1. IBSAT: ICFAI Business Schools
2. NMAT: NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
3. MICA: Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
4. IIFT: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and Kolkata