What are the advantages of pursuing Biomedical Engineering?
What are the advantages of pursuing Bio-Medical Engineering?
Advantages of Pursuing Biomedical Engineering are:
1. Bio-Medical field is an excellent option for Engineers from Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical or other allied branches as they readily fit into the profile requirements.
2. Biomedical Engineering is the only unique interface between engineering and healthcare and you can utilize your knowledge of engineering in healthcare to perfection. It is a bonus field if you have interest in Medicine but got stuck with pursuing engineering. Mechanical Engineers can easily shift to Bio-Medical Engineering as it a specialization.
3. It involves studying all types of engineering ranging from electronics, computers, mechanical, chemical and nanotechnology. So a person who is interested in research based work profile will be really satisfied with this field of work as you will be expected to research on all these fields of engineering.
4. Bio-Medical Engineers work closely associated with the Doctors and Medical Scientists, so if you ever had the desire to become a doctor then this is an excellent branch to pursue your dreams. You will be closely working with the doctors, and helping them work efficiently.
5. Research opportunities in this field are huge, all other branches of engineering now want to carry out the research in Bio-Medical as their field is saturated. The amount of funding in this field abroad is huge, and thus if you are innovative and creative, you can work really well in this field.
6.Bio-Medical Solutions impact the society and you are able to improve a lifespan of an individual which is the most valuable thing one has got. You can also be working closely with NGO’s to uplift the society.