What are the different branches of zoology available and what does their study involve?
What are the different branches of zoology available and what does their study involves?
There are various branches in zoology. Some of them are as follows:
- Acarology – study of mites and ticks.
- Carcinology – study of crustaceans.
- Cetology – study of whales.
- Coccidology – study of scales and mealy bugs.
- Crustaceology – study of crustaceans.
- Cynology – study of dog.
- Entomology – study of insects.
- Mammalogy – study of mammals.
- Ornithology – study of birds.
- Palaeo mammology – study of mammals of past geologic areas.
- Zoopathology – study of diseases of animals.
- Zootaxy – study of classification of animals.