What are the sub categories of architectural engineering?

Can you please make me understand the categories that come under architectural engineering?

There are 2 types of architectural engineering: structural engineering and mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) engineering. Structural engineering is related to the analysis and design of physical objects like, buildings, bridges, towers and walls. Majority of the engineers concentrate on buildings and they are basically responsible for the structural performance of a large part of the things that are built around us. They are sometimes informally referred to as “building engineers”. Structural engineers should have an expertise in strength of materials and in structures that require seismic design. They should also have ample amount of practice before they should start concentrating on building.

Mechanical and electrical engineers are specialists and experts commonly referred to as “MEP” (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) when working with the team engaged in building and designing. They are also known as “building services engineering” in some parts of the world. Mechanical engineers design and look after the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. Plumbing designers often include design specifications for active fire protection systems. Finally, coming to the electrical engineers are responsible for the building's power distribution, telecommunication, fire alarm, lightning protection and control systems.
Post your comment