What are the three techniques used for lossless compression? - Compression Standard
What are the three techniques used for lossless compression?
- An entropy encoding algorithm.
- It uses variable length code table for encoding source symbol.
Shannon Fano Coding:
- It is used to construct a prefix code that is based on a set of symbols.
- It suboptimal. The lowest expected code word length will not be achieved.
- A variable-length entropy encoding form.
- It is used for implementing loss less data compression.
- Fewer bits are occupied when frequently used characters are represented. More bits are occupied when not-so-frequently used characters are represented.