What do you understand by system clock? What is System Unit? - CPU
What do you understand by system clock?
Some of the characteristics of the system clock are as follows:
- The system clock is used to produce a specific pulse at a fixed rate of time.
- The machine cycle of a system can be completed in a single or multiple clock pulses.
- A single program instruction could be multiple instructions for the cpu.
- Any central processing unit has a predefined set of instructions also known as the instruction set. These are the instructions that it can process and understand.
- The clock speeds are nowadays measures in Ghz. 1ghz = 1000 mhz.
What is System Unit?
It is an enclosure that contains most of the components of a computer system such as the Motherboard and other Storage devices.
- Motherboard: It is a Flat circuit board that holds the computer circuitry.
- Storage devices: These devices are used for long term storage of memory. Some of them are- hard drive, diskette, DVD_ROM, etc.